One of the most astounding sports card and memorabilia collections the hobby has ever seen, this consignment included 25,000 PSA-graded cards, sporting event tickets, and other memorabilia items. While the collection encompassed all of the major sports – baseball, basketball, football, hockey, golf, boxing, wrestling, Olympics, and car racing – football was its primary focus. In fact, at the time the collection was consigned to MINT State in 2009, the Museum of Sports History boasted the most comprehensive collection of high-end, PSA-graded football cards ever assembled, most notably the all-time finest set of Hall of Fame rookie cards.
The collection also included:
- An incredible assortment of high-grade basketball cards and sets
- Virtually complete 2001 SP Legendary Cuts Signatures and 2002 SP Legendary Cuts Autographs baseball card sets
- One of the most extensive Tiger Woods key-card collections in the hobby
- Rarely seen Cassius Clay [Muhammad Ali] rookie cards
- A complete run of full Super Bowl tickets
At the time of consignment, the estimated value of the entire collection was approximately $2,000,000.