As the Museum of Sports History Collection was to football cards, the J Jet J Collection was to basketball cards: the most comprehensive run of high-end, PSA-graded basketball cards ever assembled. Ranging predominantly from 1948 to 1989, this unparalleled collection included nearly one hundred different sets with 36 ranked #1 and 19 ranked #2 on the PSA Set Registry. However, the owner was not content to collect only graded cards.
Amassing more than 200,000 ungraded cards and hundreds of vintage programs, media guides, autographed memorabilia, and other related items, this consignment required two week-long trips to the owner’s home to inventory and prepare the collection for transport.
Weighing nearly four tons and requiring the use of a tractor trailer, the J Jet J Collection also included:
- The seventh finest 1911 T205 Gold Border set on the PSA Registry
- Eighty mid- to high-grade cards from the 1911 T3 Turkey Red Cabinets set
- The fifth finest 1911 T9 Turkey Red Boxing Cabinets set on the PSA Registry
- The #1 All-Time Finest 1962 Parkhurst Hockey card set on the PSA Registry
- The #1 All-Time Finest 1963 Topps Football card set on the PSA Registry
At the time of consignment, the estimated value of the entire collection was in excess of $1,000,000.